WELCOME TO THE POLISH-AMERICAN MEDICAL SOCIETY IN CHICAGO
BUY TICKETS HERE !!!:
PAMS election rules (as described in PAMS’s Rules and Procedures) for March 4, 2018
- Only active and paying members are eligible to vote or be nominated (those who paid at least twice dues in 2015-2016-2017 cycle), all payments must be received by the end of 2017; please pay at http://www.zlpchicago.org/renew-your-membership
- Voting will be by regular mail only, first mailing at the beginning of January to all PAMS members, the second mailing with ballots only to those eligible, in the middle of February
- To nominate someone/self for a President, you need 10 (ten) signatures of currently paying/active members and 5 (five) signatures for a Board Member; these forms must be at Dr. Mazurek’s office by Feb. 11, 2018 – see form below
- Ballots will be opened and counted during our open election meeting at Dr. Mazurek’s residence
Thank you and I encourage you to actively participate in PAMS’s activities and get involved in our Society and support PAMS through membership dues and participation in all our events.
Jozef F. Mazurek, MD, FACOG, Election Committee Chairman
ACADEMIC FUND – Scholarship Program Description
The Polish-American Medical Society Academic Fund provides tuition scholarship to qualified full time graduate students from Chicago region for medical, dental or veterinary studies in the United States and in Poland. The application form for the Academic Fund must be filled out and submitted online. All the corresponding documents, including letters of recommendation, school transcripts and processing fees must be received by the end of February each year at the office of the President: 6438 N Central Ave, Chicago, IL 60646.
Applicant must: be a United States citizen or a permanent resident of Polish descent from Chicago region, be (or be admitted) as a medical, dental or veterinary school full time student in the United States or in Poland and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Selection is based on academic excellence, applicant’s other achievements, interests and motivation, applicant’s interest and involvement in the Polish-American community and financial need.
On September 6, 2017, the Polish Medical Society (Polskie Towarzystwo Lekarskie, PTL) held a celebratory gala in the Royal Palace in Warsaw, on behalf of the First Lady of Poland, Agata Kornhauser-Duda, which was attended by Poland’s Minister of Health Konstanty Radziwill and President of the Supreme Medical Council in Poland Dr. Maciej Hamankiewicz.
Dr. Marek Rudnicki was one of the recipients of the Gloria Medicinae medal. This honor is bestowed to Polish citizens who show a true dedication to service, show the utmost respect for health and human life, are dignified in the art of healing, and uphold the honor and noble traditions of medicine. Other recipients included Dr. Andrzej Borówka, Dr. Jan Konstanty Jaworski, Dr. Marcin Roszkowski, Dr. Jacek Składzień, Dr. Krzysztof Kordel, Dr. Ireneusz Kotela, Dr. Waldemar Kostewicz, Dr. Janusz Legutko, and Dr. Marcin Swierad.
Entertainment was provided by soprano Dr. Anna Kutkowska-Kass, mezzosoprano
Dr. Ewelina Sielska-Badurek, and pianist Dr. Bartosz Zwolan.
In attendance at the ceremony were 8 members of PAMS including 5 honorary members: Professor Andrzej Matyja, Professor Grzegorz Opala, Dr. Mira Landowska, Professor Ewa Kuligowska-Noble, and Professor Jerzy Woy-Wojciechowski who is the honorary president of the PTL. PAMS was represented by President Dr. Kornelia Krol and Dr. Wojciech Lysinski.
PAMS congratulates all Gloria Medicinae recipients, especially PAMS member Dr. Marek Rudnicki!
Meeting at the Consulate – by Polvision:
PAMS Ball- “Monitor”, by Polvision:
The 67th Charitable Ball of the Polish American Medical Society took place on Saturday, September 16th, 2017, at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Chicago. Although the PAMS Balls have almost become a tradition at the Ritz-Carlton, the recent $100 Million renovation has brought renewed interest in a beautiful venue. The enhanced foyer has been perfect for meeting old and making new friends. Tasty hors d’oeuvres, champagne and a live background music by Second Opinion created a perfect backdrop for all the guests to engage in conversations and make new acquaintances.
A new time of the Ball, in the midst of autumn , has attracted over 450 guests from 15 states and 7 countries.
Dr. Kornelia Krol, the current President of the Polish American Medical Society started the official proceedings by welcoming and introducing distinguished guests:
– Hon. Piotr Janicki, Consul General of the Republic of Poland in Chicago
– Dr. Maciej Hamankiewicz, President of the Polish Chamber of Physicians
– Dr. Janusz Kasina, President of the World Federation of Polish Medical
Organizations, Stockholm, Sweden
– Mr. Adrian Kubicki, Director of Corporate Communications LOT Polish
– Mr. Frank Spula, President of the Polish American Congress and Polish
– Prof. Miroslaw Wielgos, Rector of the Medical University in Warsaw
– Dr. Vemuri Murthy, President of the Chicago Medical Society
– Mr. Marek Skulimowski, President and Executive Director of the Kosciuszko
Dr Krol has also welcomed the past presidents of PAMS, Dr. Barbara Roniker, Dr.
Anna Szpindor, and Dr. Bronislaw Orawiec.
In 2017, six new Honorary Members of PAMS were also introduced:
Dr. Halina Zyczynski
Dr. Roman Jaeschke
Dr. Jacek Lech Mostwin
Dr. Bogdan Nowicki
Dr. Marek Majewski
Dr. Miroslawa Mielczarek-Landowska
The official part of the evening ended with recognition of graceful Dr. Miroslawa Mielczarek-Landowska, a doctor, professional LOT pilot, and a devoted violin player.
Wielka Orchestra Swiatecznej Pomocy, represented by Mr. Jerzy Owsiak, and Educational Funds of the Polish American Medical Society were this year’s recipients of PAMS Annual Charitable Donations.
After the official ceremonies, the entertainment was provided by Krzysztof Cugowski, TC Squared, and a dance group WICI. Masters of Ceremonies Candace Jordan and Piotr Adamczyk made sure that everybody enjoyed the presentations, dinner, silent auction, raffle and dancing.
The Board Members and Organizing Committee of the 67th Charitable Ball of the Polish American Medical Society extend their warm gratitude to all guests, donors, and supporters.