Meeting at the Consulate – by Polvision:
PAMS Ball- “Monitor”, by Polvision:
The 67th Charitable Ball of the Polish American Medical Society took place on Saturday, September 16th, 2017, at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Chicago. Although the PAMS Balls have almost become a tradition at the Ritz-Carlton, the recent $100 Million renovation has brought renewed interest in a beautiful venue. The enhanced foyer has been perfect for meeting old and making new friends. Tasty hors d’oeuvres, champagne and a live background music by Second Opinion created a perfect backdrop for all the guests to engage in conversations and make new acquaintances.
A new time of the Ball, in the midst of autumn , has attracted over 450 guests from 15 states and 7 countries.
Dr. Kornelia Krol, the current President of the Polish American Medical Society started the official proceedings by welcoming and introducing distinguished guests:
– Hon. Piotr Janicki, Consul General of the Republic of Poland in Chicago
– Dr. Maciej Hamankiewicz, President of the Polish Chamber of Physicians
– Dr. Janusz Kasina, President of the World Federation of Polish Medical
Organizations, Stockholm, Sweden
– Mr. Adrian Kubicki, Director of Corporate Communications LOT Polish
– Mr. Frank Spula, President of the Polish American Congress and Polish
– Prof. Miroslaw Wielgos, Rector of the Medical University in Warsaw
– Dr. Vemuri Murthy, President of the Chicago Medical Society
– Mr. Marek Skulimowski, President and Executive Director of the Kosciuszko
Dr Krol has also welcomed the past presidents of PAMS, Dr. Barbara Roniker, Dr.
Anna Szpindor, and Dr. Bronislaw Orawiec.
In 2017, six new Honorary Members of PAMS were also introduced:
Dr. Halina Zyczynski
Dr. Roman Jaeschke
Dr. Jacek Lech Mostwin
Dr. Bogdan Nowicki
Dr. Marek Majewski
Dr. Miroslawa Mielczarek-Landowska
The official part of the evening ended with recognition of graceful Dr. Miroslawa Mielczarek-Landowska, a doctor, professional LOT pilot, and a devoted violin player.
Wielka Orchestra Swiatecznej Pomocy, represented by Mr. Jerzy Owsiak, and Educational Funds of the Polish American Medical Society were this year’s recipients of PAMS Annual Charitable Donations.
After the official ceremonies, the entertainment was provided by Krzysztof Cugowski, TC Squared, and a dance group WICI. Masters of Ceremonies Candace Jordan and Piotr Adamczyk made sure that everybody enjoyed the presentations, dinner, silent auction, raffle and dancing.
The Board Members and Organizing Committee of the 67th Charitable Ball of the Polish American Medical Society extend their warm gratitude to all guests, donors, and supporters.